The simple truth is that there is a God who created you and loves you very much. (Genesis 1:27) We, however, have chosen to disobey Him and that separates us from God for eternity. But it doesn’t end there, there is a Hope for a different eternity…
Our greatest desire is for people to come to know God personally.
The Road to Salvation
- Acknowledge that YOU are created by God (Romans 1:20)
- Recognize YOU are a sinner in need of a Savior. (Romans 3:23)
- Sin deserves Death, or eternal separation from God in Hell. (Romans 6:23a)
But you can have eternal life as a gift from GOD through Jesus Christ (Romans 6:23b) because the penalty for our sin was paid for when Jesus died on the cross and then rose from the Dead! (Romans 5:8)
- Confess your sin before God and Accept Jesus’s gift of forgiveness, (Romans 10:9-10)
- Believe in your heart that HE saves you,
- AND YOU WILL BE SAVED!
If you want to pray and ask Jesus to be your Savior, you can say a prayer something like this:
” Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and have sinned against you and am in need of a Savior. I know that I have earned punishment from You, and that the fair punishment would be death. Jesus, I believe that You died in my place. Please, forgive me for my sin. I cannot cover or take my sin away. You are the only one who can save me. I confess my sin, I turn away from it, I repent. Come into my life, take away my sin, and show me how to live my life in a way that is right and pleasing to You.”
If you have prayed this, YOU ARE SAVED! You are now completely forgiven, a new creation, innocent in the eyes of God.
Welcome to the family of God!
First Steps from here
It is important for you to start to grow in your relationship with Jesus. Just like any relationship, you need to spend time with someone if you want to know them well. Here are four basic things that will help you develop this relationship with Jesus:
- Prayer – YOU are a child of God, and God wants to communicate with YOU through a personal relationship. Prayer does not have to be formal or fancy, but is simply talking to your Creator about anything! (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- The Word of God – In order to grow in the Lord, it is essential to read the Bible. Start in the Gospel of John. Reading just a little bit every day and meditating on God’s Word is crucial to growth. (Hebrews 4:12)
- Fellowship – Get plugged into a local church that teaches the Bible, and to surround yourself with believers who can encourage YOU in your walk with God. (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Share your faith – Being a Christian is about being a disciple of Christ, and making His name known. Sharing about the decision that YOU made with family, friends, co-workers, etc. will strengthen your own faith and allow YOU to be used by God. (Matthew 28:19-20)
This is just beginning! We pray the Lord strengthens YOU, as well as you begin.
Let us know of how we can specifically pray for you here and if you have any questions or need help finding a church near you, please call or email us at 888-861-6100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.